Friday, July 19, 2019

Cool Beyond Compare

I got my degree in electrical engineering, with a minor in physics, prior to attempting this MIT program.  One of the things I love so very much, is the concepts of physics.  Below is one of the coolest videos I have seen on how to explain that sound creates waves.  Please take the time to watch it.  I look forward to one day showing this video to the students in my classroom!!



This video was created by Nigel Standford in 2014.  Now with what we have learned about technology and how it is always changing, imagine the ways that physical concepts can be shown using technology!  I know that I wanted to understand everything in this video after watching it.  Imagine what a child would start to realize from watching the patterns that sound waves create.  

I know we only touched a few of the MANY technology concepts in this class; however, it reminded me what I loved about engineering.  How our world is changing and developing every moment.  We as educator get the privileged to educate the upcoming youth.  One major concept that is not to be forgot is that we must continue to learn as time goes on.  We must be able to use technology in a way that the youth of this current time understands.  The best way to draw a child in, is get them wanting to ask questions about why phenomenons happen.  

I hope you enjoyed the video. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is amazing! What a great visualization. I wonder if this has to do with why people feel music so deeply because it’s literally effecting the matter inside of them. Great post Riese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete