Friday, July 19, 2019

The Technology Marriage



First grade was the first time I really remember using the old, beige box to look of facts on the white-tailed deer. I had a picture box diorama we were working on and my ZooBooks I had checked out of the library didn’t seem to cover what food the deer ate as much as I needed. We put in the CD, asked my mom to get off the phone and we looked up information about deer. Little did I know that my first interaction with the computer would be so unmonumental; looking up deer habitats. 
Now it is hard to imagine a day without technology or a computer in anything. Our lives are tied to the grid now. For better or for worse. I know I am never more than three feet away from my phone, not to mention the devices I wear. When life is so integrated with technology why shouldn’t the classroom be? #reallifeapplication
I will be going into a fifth grade class and this is the first year there will be a 1:1 Chromebook classroom. I am excited to utilize the easy Google docs/slides/sheets  to work. We can use in real-time chats and take class notes for those who are sick and we can use the hyperlinks. Not that we will be doing this in a serious manner but it is a good practice and will set the tone for future grades. 

To make this more interesting today tie in more wedding themed metaphors and ironic cliches.
  • like the two becoming one
  • can't live with them, can't live with out it
  • something about apps
  • something about a wife-i?
  • i don't know, just be clever, witty #newyearresolution2019


Fun Fact: I do have a special relationship with Google. We share a birthday. September 27th, I’m a few years older but every year on our birthday they decorate the home page all celebratory like.

2 comments:

  1. not sure why the weird formatting issues.
    not a good blogger. let me vlog any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s so cool that your kids will be using technology in the classroom like that. I remember looking things up with google images the first time, my dad was super nervous, which was weird at the time, but makes soooo much sense now.

    ReplyDelete