Tuesday, July 17, 2018

On connectivism..

I like that connectivism begins with the individual and blossoms into a collaborative unit. The world moves fast and get faster each day. I think we should take care to recognize the individual before the collaborative wave consumes the drop. The massive mental shift in our approach to learning is under way and some will need more time to adjust. Our 'just in time' society is exhilarating but can leave some of us breathless. I know I am not alone in learning to adjust my pace. I did not come to this program anticipating to discover that content is dying and delivery is the focus. It is an eye-opening endeavor to comprehend that learning 'how to learn' is the most important thing we can teach kids today. The paradigm shift is real. I love that we live in a time where we can live video chat a student in a different country. There are so many possibilities for lessons through the connections and ties we are already making. I feel tremendous pressure to be the teacher that shows students how to build the networks that will direct the rest of their lives. I hope that I can live up to ISTE standards.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts Hannah! I think it is exciting that we are living right in the middle of this massive shift. I am definitely frightened because it is all very unfamiliar to me. I am wondering how much push back there will be within the school district administration. I am hoping that the administration I end up working for will be forward thinking and understand that we need to prepare students for the jobs that are out there today!

    ReplyDelete