Wednesday, July 13, 2022

New ways to write


 There were so many things that made my head spin from this class, but one of the first things that made me take a step back was all the new ways that technology allows for writing to take place. The Amazon reviews and the ways to incorporate Instagram into creative writing. I loved that there are so many ways to incorporate social media into the classroom in ways that I never would have thought about. I am, what? An elder millennial, so I graduated high school the same year the first iPhone came out. I feel like I'm in that weird in between of getting comfortable with technology but not understanding how powerful a tool it really is. I think this class brought me closer to understanding that technology can be used for connection with students so much more than I ever thought imaginable. I would have never thought about ways merge the two worlds. I'm excited and curious to see how I can learn, and how my students can push me to explore this as a new avenue for teaching. I'm ready to lean into the discomfort a little bit and experiment. 

1 comment:

  1. To make you feel not alone, I'm technically a millennial (made the cut off at '96). Would that make me a juvenile millennial?

    Anyway, I didn't really know how to merge the technological world with the teaching world either. This class scared me with how much I didn't know. We will ride this rollercoaster in style on the journey to learning, just as our students will.

    ReplyDelete