Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The Power of Google

 I know I mentioned in my last post how blown away by everything I am, but as I'm sitting here finding things to reflect on,  I keep thinking of more and more things I never knew. I had no idea that I could site: to find something or that countries had two letter codes that changed the whole scope of the internet; that .ua and .ra (if I could get anything aside from sites for rheumatoid arthritis, but I'm too afraid to go digging for more right now, and I can't read anything anyway) have totally differing news perspectives than .us. What I really liked about Google though was how it was able to break down the walls of the classroom and take you anywhere you wanted to go. You can take your class on a field trip to anywhere with a few coordinates on Google Earth. You can go to space, to the south for a Civil War unit, to Egypt to see the pyramids and the Nile, to Japan to see cherry blossoms. Anywhere your class wants to go, you can take them; it opens so much of the world to them and maybe they don't get to go on a summer vacation, but they can still visit somewhere fun and see some of the sites. The world isn't as big and as foreign as it used to be, and I think if used correctly, technology can really show students the power of diversity and difference, and that's really cool. 



No comments:

Post a Comment