Thursday, July 19, 2018

Redefinition whhhaattt

When I was doing the researching for virtual reality and presenting to the class, it finally occurred to me what I could have done to redefine technology use in the classroom I had taught in. The students were learning about Native Americans and white settlers. If only I had thought about this to have them walk through the sites themselves and hold discussions about what they thought and how they felt if it was their home.

I just can't help but think how I can utilize this in the future!! I know this is redefinition because without the use of technology and particular sites, this would absolutely not be possible. OR, at least that's what  I think (hopefully I'm not wrong).



3 comments:

  1. Sristee, I agree with you. The ability to "walk" through a site that is possibly thousands of miles away during a class is mind blowing. You can experience so much more and using the technology in this way makes everything more real and tangible. It can feel like you are actually there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This technology allows not only general students "walk" through sites that are not close to them, it also has applications in all subjects. Want to see what the earth looked like 200 years ago? apply the timeline feature. Want to see what Athens looked like in its heyday? use the historical city feature. The possibilities are endless! NPC's can even be added to explain what the student is seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I love Friends. Secondly, this is a phenomenal way for students to engage with material because you're utilizing the emotional aspect of storytelling to create a lasting impact. By using a virtual reality space so-to-speak, you've allowed them to step into field trip experience, without ever having to leave the classroom.

    ReplyDelete